View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 06:51 AM   #30
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Bush: a paragon of truth

" Well, first of all, Ken Lay is a supporter. And I got to know Ken Lay when he was the head of the -- what they call the Governor's Business Council in Texas. He was a supporter of Ann Richards in my run in 1994. And she had named him the head of the Governor's Business Council. And I decided to leave him in place, just for the sake of continuity. And that's when I first got to know Ken, and worked with Ken, and he supported my candidacy.
This is -- what anybody's going to find, if -- is that this administration will fully investigate issues such as the Enron bankruptcy, to make sure we can learn from the past, and make sure that workers are protected. "

Nice try, but Bush is clearly referencing Lay's support for his PRESIDENTIAL candidacy. Which was undeniable.

He's still lying about who Lay supported in the 1994 gubernatorial race, still lying about when he got to know Ken Lay. He is doing everything within his grasp to distance himself from Lay – including lying.

It may not be the "centerpiece" of his campaign but a lie is a lie nevertheless. In fact, it's been all of you Kerry-crucifiers who are justifying your rabid excitement over Kerry's geographic location on a night in 1968 that use the "if he lies about small things like this, can we trust him to not lie on the larger issues?" rubric.

By that standard, you have to question good ol' George W. as well.