View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 10:20 AM   #31
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:Bush: a paragon of truth

[quote]
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
As to Bush knowing Lay before he was govenor as more than a casual acquaintance at best has yet to be shown. Bush admits that as govenor that he came to know Lay better than as a mere acquaintance. Anything else is extremely loose conjecture at best and outright fabrication at worst on your part. That their companies did business together does not prove that the men ever met in person or even on the phone in relation to those joint business ventures. Your argument here has been stretched so thin as to be transparent.

So what dates, times, and places did Bush and Lay supposedly spend together in individual or small group intimate settings prior to Bush being elected govenor? You've yet to show any evidence approaching this level of detail. Until you do, you have nothing more than innuendo and gross conjecture.
I posted the link above to the corresponance while Bush was Governor.
To throw out a claim that I've not shown "any evidence" after detailing their business links, their working together on the Houston Convention, that Lay wa a guest in not only Dubya's home but also his father's and while his father was in the White House, well, you just don't listen.

Here, take a look at this. As Dubya calls Lay an "old friend" in April, 1997, ends with "your younger friend", clearly there's a long relationship. Can't wait to see how you dismiss this like everything else,,,

I sure don't call someone I don't "know" an "old friend." Do you?

Bush letter to Lay
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote