View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 04:45 PM   #70
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Dampier, Dallas, and the Bobcats?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Male23Dan
You know, it is amazing how much better I think this team would be if Dampier comes here and plays like he did last year! I know Nash hurts, but with Terry and Harris, I think that will be fine. When you then factor in the added maturity of our sophomores and the fact that we wont be playing out of position NEARLY as much, (Finley likely still will be though), I think you have a much better overall team!!!

Ultimately, we lost NASH and two forwards that, while talented, were not needed on the team and replaced them with a very talented PG to take Steve's spot, a real Center, and role players!!!

Am I in the minority here, or do a lot of you likewise think we could definitely be more dangerous than last year IF we get a motivated Dampier to definitely keep Dirk at PF???
I think that it is very likely for the mavs to be better next year (if we get damp escpecially). We will be better on D at 4 positions, we will have a younger core, we will have someone in the middle who will have to be part of the gameplan. We might become the most versitle team in the league because we could play D, shoot, penetrate, run, or rely on the post game with our big guys.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote