View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 06:14 PM   #79
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Dampier, Dallas, and the Bobcats?

Quote:
Originally posted by: fin4life
New news might make it more realistic for this deal to happen. Charlotte has traded peja drobniak to ATL for a second rounder and TE. That gives charlotte another 2.8 mil in cap room. They now have about 9.2mil dollars in room... If they mavs game them stack/najera (10.8mil) in exchange for the 9.2 TE and a 1st rounder, they could send the money (and some of our TE from Atl along with the ATL draft Pick) to GS for esch (3.1) and Damp(7). The trade would lok like this.

Dallas Trades: Stackhouse, Najera, ATL pick
Dallas Recieves: Damp, Esch, Charlotte Pick (much better than the ATL pick considering the ATL pick may never happen)

Charloote Trades: 9.2 TE, 1st rounder
Charlotte Recieves: Stack, Najera

GS Trade: Damp, Esh
GS gets: TE, ATL pick

- I know that most people are saying that ATL will probaly get Damp now... but this trade makes a lot of sense for all teams and allows GS to get under the cap (they are about 3mil over).
Interesting, but I don't think Charollote trades a first rounder for anything, much less for Stackhouse and Najera. They certainly wouldn't pay nearly $10M AND a first round pick for the rights to Stackhouse and Najera.

I also don't think Dallas has any interest in adding Dampier.

madape is offline   Reply With Quote