View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 07:27 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:A thought from a veteran: Service or Self-service?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Before leaving, I thanked this man for his service to his country, thanked him for a wonderfully enjoyable conversation, swapped cards and then excused myself from the table. Before leaving the restaraunt, I paid for his lunch and hoped he would enjoy the surprise when he went to pay.
What a beautiful gesture. As a father-in-law to a current soldier I hope someone will show him such a heart-felt gesture. Thank you.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote