View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 04:42 AM   #6
NBAGnome

NBAGnome is on a distinguished road
Default RE:"Team" USA escapes with a victory.

In Jefferson's defense he usually isn't that bad of a shooter...and i mean who would you rather have taking jumpers...you gotta take some open jumpers. The only guy i'd rather do it is Iverson, but he can't be the only guy taking perimeter shots. They HAVE to make some. They get open looks, its only 20 ft away, you HAVE to extend the D, Duncan can't do it alone with 3 guys surrounding him.

Its amazing they've failed to do it. You'd think Stephon Marbury could make a 3 once in a while, but damn, i've not seen him make 1 three yet. Maybe I missed one, but i don't remember him hitting any yet, and i've watched a good 6 games (including exhibition). Its just downright sad. James should not take any perimeter jumpers, hes just not a good shooter. He needs to distribute and play stellar defense. I have some confidence in Wades mid range jumper, but hes not really taking this shot as hes devoted himself to distributing...Anthony has been shooting a horrible %, he should stay on the bench...whos left? Marion? Another bad shooter...who takes the shot?! Theres nobody! I don't know what this team is going to do...they have to play better D, its not an option.

I think one thing they should try is Stoudemire on the inside. I don't know if it'd work. It seems hes just not an option on offense when they play. He doesn't get enough time in the first place, but hes the second best inside scorer on that team, next to Tim Duncan. Why isn't he included in the offense? I'd rather have him try to get a good inside shot than a James-Marion-Anthony-Wade-Marbury-Odom jump shot. But the only time he takes a shot is when he gets a offensive rebound, did you see that one play where he got a O rebound about 10 feet from the hoop, and just exploded to the basket through like 3 guys, sure he missed, but it was a lot higher percentage shot than one of the USA teams jump shots.

Anyways...i dunno...they better play D man.