View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 05:12 PM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:What do the Mavs need?

The Mavs need one good SF. Preferably moving one or two of the 2/3 tweeners to get him.

Thoughts:
Bradley does not need to be gone, he needs 15-20 min a game.
TAW, Esch, Henderson --- gone if anyone has an inkling for them or a draft pick. If not, then they may all be drawing the 80% insurance and be 13,14,15.

AJ, I hope will coach only, but if he wants a spot, then he gets it.

Terry, Harris will be the PG for the start of the year. Hopefully Dickau can become a 3pt sniper.

Daniels, Finley, Stackhouse, Howard --- all 2/3 tweeners -- Fin is your only shooter though, the others are slashers. None over 6'7" (Fin) -- Daniels, Stack, and Howard are 6'6" --- although Howard has that 7' reach. Hard to guard the 6'10" players like Peja, and R. Lewis though at 6'6".

Nowitzki is really the only PF on the list. Maybe Benga - no offense. Maybe Booth if he has too.

Dampier, Bradley, Booth, Benga, PPod. -- Benga and PPod are going to get very little playing time.

Starting 12 as of now, IMO:
Terry, Harris, Dickau
Daniels, Finley
Howard, Stackhouse
Nowitzki, Benga
Dampier, Bradley, Booth

PPod, Stefansson - overseas
AJ coaching
Esch, Henderson, TAW -----IR

If the Mavs could make one more trade: it will free up the position and maybe allow for another rook to stay.
Stackhouse/Howard for Peja, Lewis, Kirilenko, Artest : any of these I think work
or
Stackhouse/Henderson for Vince Carter, Marion, or KVH : any one of these I think will work

KVH is probalby the most realistic, but the Peja deal has the most upside.

I really think that something to reduce the roster is already in the works and will probably be finalized after the 24th. I am just not sure what that "homerun" is.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote