View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 12:40 AM   #11
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Connections and Contradictions

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Or maybe this point made by a clinton appointee today:

Quote:
Federal Election Commission Chairman Defends Swift Boat Ads

Aug. 24 (Bloomberg) -- Federal Election Commission Chairman Bradley Smith defended the right of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, an independent political group, to run commercials against Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry, who complained to the commission about the ads.

Kerry, 60, a four-term Massachusetts senator, alleged last week that the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth illegally coordinated its activities with President George W. Bush's re-election campaign. Smith, a Republican, said members of the group are exercising their constitutional right to free speech.

``I think it's great we live in a country where 260 average guys can go out and put their point of view out there before the public and influence a major presidential race,'' Smith said in an interview with Bloomberg television. ``I am not one who agrees it is illegitimate for citizens to take a stand on these kind of issues and only the politicians should be able to say what they want about the issues they want to talk about.''
Like I said, not a reputable news source.
Again, you are confusing. What does this story have to do with the alleged credibility of Lvbun's news source? Please address this issue first before changing the subject.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote