Thread: Gary Trent?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2004, 11:28 PM   #14
poohrichardson

poohrichardson is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Gary Trent?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Male23Dan
I know Trent's game, as I too have watched him in the past, (he was a Maverick you know)... No one is calling him a GREAT PF, but to say that he couldnt man the 8-10 minutes per game on a regular basis is quite stupid... I know he is not made to run, but that doesnt mean he would hurt the team... How often does the backup PF have an opportunity to finish on a fastbreak in his 8-10 minutes anyway???

To act as though DJ Freakin Benga, (who I really like by the way), or Calvin Booth would be far and away better choices just points out the flaws in your logic... Again, this is BACKUP PF... If you honestly believe that Gary Trent is not good enough for BACKUP PF then I truly have no respect for your basketball IQ!!!
I could really care less if you have respect for my "basketball IQ." I said Trent doesn't work with Dallas' run and gun game, whether he plays for 40 minutes or 4 minutes. He's incredible out of shape, is not a great rebounder, and would likely be the worst player ON THE FLOOR for Dallas any time he was out there. Is he really worth going out of our way to get?
poohrichardson is offline   Reply With Quote