View Single Post
Old 03-20-2002, 02:07 PM   #1
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Warning: This is a less than positive but not directly negative post concerning one of the Dallas Mavericks. If I hurt your feelings regarding your favorite player I sincerely apoligize in advance.

Q: Is anyone else concerned about Finley's handles and how it will effect the Mavericks as a whole in the post season? I mean most Mav fans recnognize than Finley's ball handling is no great shakes but it has never really been a huge liability to the Mavericks game. However, some of these last few games have raised some concerns with me. Down the stretch in last night's game, Theb Lakers made a big point of having Fox and bryant really Hound Mike and Mike was struggling with the ball, right before he hit that prayer shot he was really struggling with them. From then on, everytime he got the ball they made it a point to really bother him and it prevented him from barely being able to put the ball on the floor and I'm not just referring to the full court press late in the game. While I was thinking about that, I also recalled an incident in the portland game, does anyone remember this? Portland was at the line, while they were there, Scottie Pippen called a huddle with the team. The minute the Mavs got the possession back and passed the ball into Finley to dribble up court the Blazers opened up into a surprise full court press on him and Mike looked like a deer trapped in headlights. I think Scottie Pippen as well as The Laker coaches or certain players have recnognized this weakness in Finley's game. I'm most likely over worrying here but with Dirk's recent struggling against the Lakers, this could prove detrimental methinks.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote