View Single Post
Old 08-28-2004, 02:17 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yup, he's dreaming

THIS is the guy you want to put into office? He's a complete panderer. So do you believe this?

[quote]
Kerry said Friday that the best way to ensure Social Security's future is with policies that bolster the economy and raise workers' wages, letting them contribute more to the program.

"I guarantee you, the first best thing to do to protect Social Security is to put America back to work in jobs that pay more," he said.

MacGuineas said she disagrees with Kerry's assessment that a few minor changes here and there will keep the system afloat, and his position that a stronger economy can solve Social Security's problems.

"Those are pretty darn large tweaks we're talking about," she said, adding that economic growth alone won't bolster the program because workers' benefits increase as their wages rise, increasing the future obligations of the system.

A number of government studies have come to the conclusion that the baby boom wave will force the government to cut benefits, raise taxes or push back the retirement age to preserve the benefits.

Kerry ruled many of those options out.

Quote:
"I will never privatize Social Security. I will not cut Social Security benefits. And I will not raise the retirement age," he said.
So the only thing that is left is RAISE TAXES.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote