View Single Post
Old 08-28-2004, 11:29 PM   #29
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 4:10 pm Cuban on Hardline

Quote:
-Not worried about backup for Dirk, says b/c we have depth, can play Damp at the 4 behind Dirk sometimes, & also Alan Henderson if he’s healthy.
Great. Instead of playing pf's at the center position, we're going to do the opposite and use our centers at the pf spot.

That's cool they'll give Henderson a shot at the minutes behind Dirk. It sounds like he's hungry to prove that his career isn't finished and it's a mistake to write him off so soon. We'll see.

But what happens if we lose Dirk for a month or more? Can Henderson handle those minutes assuming he is healthy to make the active roster? I don't trust Nelson to use Bradley long enough while switching Dampier/Booth at the 4. And while I'm excited with the promise of MBenga, I'd hate to rely on him for extended minutes. I'm not saying Harvey is the answer, but wouldn't mind if Cuban was a little more concerned for a backup man behind Dirk.

Of course why am I asking all these questions? If we lose Dirk for any serious length of time, we might as well mail the season in.