View Single Post
Old 08-31-2004, 12:18 AM   #19
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:New Commish for the NBA

Quote:
Originally posted by: V2M
I'd sit down with the FIBA administrators and come up with rules and guidelines that are standard across all the leagues around the world. It doesn't make sense to have maybe 40 of the best 50 players and not be able to win the Olympic Gold because we're playing under different rules.
Hmm well you either think about making NBA rules the standard or I don´t see how this would help the US. FIBA rules are played allover the world except the USA. So why should the world adapt to the NBA? If anything the NBA might want to adapt the international rules. But even that wouldn´t help you so much in the short term, since most of those 40 players you are talking about aren´t suited very well to play the international style of ball.

By the way, personaly I think international rules are far superior to NBA rules in terms of gameplay. Another plus is that in international comp you don´t have a bullshit star system and all players and teams are judged relatively even.

Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote