View Single Post
Old 03-21-2002, 01:16 AM   #10
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Im not too worried about Finley's handles either. For the season, he's averaging only 1.6 turnovers per game and since the trade, he's only turning it over 1.3 times a game.

Now, I know turnovers is not the only way to rate a players ball handling skills, but Finley's turnovers come from being stripped when taking it to the basket mostly or he dribbles it off his leg/foot while driving to the basket.

As for the Portland game, they really pressured him when he brought the ball up and it messed with him obviously. The only reason they collapsed on him is cause they had already done that to Nash and Nelson was trying something new. If I remember correctly, they did the same thing with Buckner.

But with Raef/Dirk/Wang opening up the middle I don't see Fin having a problem driving to the basket and being stripped since it's not congested like it was before.

Like others mentioned above, I think his ball handling skills are good enough as to where he won't hurt the team come playoff time unless Nash and NVE are out for one reason or another and Fin has to bring the ball up court an obscene amount of times.