View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 01:51 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Alan Keys calls Cheaney's daughter a Sinner

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Lots of people have religious beliefs that living in a homosexual relationship is a sin. I don't see how keyes expressing his beliefs is any better or worse than you expressing yours Lvubun. If he was saying tha all gays should be lined up and shot or it should be legal to beat a homosexual or anything remotely close then I thing that it would be a bigger deal.
Luvbun isn't asking to be Senator.
I expect much more tolerance and acceptance from someone who would want to be my elected representitive.
For an intelligent person, Alan Keyes is not very smart.
So you expect tolerance, but don't want to give it. Hmmm.
We should tolerate discrimination? We should tolerate an elected representitive who disparages homosexuals?
I don't think so....toleration of those types isn't toleration, it is facilitating. BIG difference.
Keyes is not discriminating and more than you and arguably less. And yes, we should tolerate different peoples religious views so long as they don't infringe on the rights of others. We hav no right not to be called a sinner or to have someone say that they view our activities as being sinful. So you instead preach intolerance of those who don't tolerate your views. So, so long as they believe according to the Gospel of Mavdog everything is OK. Otherwise they're just a bunch of sinners.