View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 03:24 PM   #25
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Alan Keys calls Cheaney's daughter a Sinner

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
It's not discrimination because he's not DOING anything to homosexuals. Discrimination involves taking adverse action.

Mavdog, homosexuals are the ones defining themselves by their sexual attractions. They place themselves in a "big catchall basket" when they do that.
Are all heterosexuals the same? no...they are "defined by their sexual attractions" as well.

The adverse action is when he uses a perjorative phrase such as "a selfish hedonist".

Quote:
Wrong. Keyes is saying that sexual relationships are for two purposes: procreation and pleasure. If you can't procreate, well, you do the math...
so a heterosexual who has had a vasectomy or hysterectomy respectfully and continue to have sex are "selfish hedonist" as well?

I may be going out on a limb here but I don't expect Keyes answer to be yes.

Wow you sure read in a lot to Keyes quotes. Keyes was referring to selfish hedonist as the basis upon which same sex marriage would be founded.

Quote:
Keyes said: "The essence of ... family life remains procreation. If we embrace homosexuality as a proper basis for marriage, we are saying that it's possible to have a marriage state that in principal excludes procreation and is based simply on the premise of selfish hedonism."
It still looks to me like you don't tolerate well religious beliefs that aren't "politically correct" according to you.