View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 05:12 PM   #42
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Alan Keys calls Cheaney's daughter a Sinner

Quote:
Originally posted by: Lvubun1
So what he is saying in no uncertain terms is, the only purpose of marriage is to procreate. So if a couple who is in their 60s and uncapable of having kids shouldn't get married even though they are in love and if they do they are "selfish hedonist"?
Again, I can't say for certain what Keyes believes, but it seems to me that his belief is that the primary purpose of marriage is to procreate, and that we as a society should promote marriages which can procreate (those between a man and a woman). And yeah, I suspect Keyes would label them as "selfish hedonists", if he's consistent.

Quote:
Does he hate or being discriminating against gays, while he has never said "hate" cause thats a tad to un-pc and invoking religion is a little bit safer, personally I couldn't think of a thing somebody could say to me worse then "your a sinner and your going to hell" which is what Keyes is saying in the nicest way possible. Either way, I too don't think he is really trying to win, more like a self-promotion run.
He certainly didn't say anything about going to hell, but I get your point. Still, I don't see how Keyes is discriminating. I may hate all white people, but if I don't fire someone on the basis of their race or refuse to sell them my house on that basis or take some other adverse action, I'm not discriminating.

Also, ditto on the self-promotion run. Keyes is just doing the political equivalent of a trade to preserve cap space.