View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 09:09 AM   #91
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:It's On!!!! The Official RNC Thread

MSNBC's Howard Fineman:

Quote:
New York, Wednesday, Sept. 1, 10:35 p.m. --

I keep waiting for this Republican convention to be about something other than terrorism and the war in Iraq and the idea that military might is the answer to all of our security problems, and I keep not seeing it happen. I'm here listening to the speeches of Sen. Zell Miller and Vice President Dick Cheney, and they may as well be playing the "Battle Hymn of the Republic" in the background.

This is a defining moment in the defense of America, Milller and Cheney said — and they assume that the American people ultimately will recoil at the notion of Sen. John Kerry handling it.

The list: He likes the U.N., voted against Desert Storm, he voted against various weapons systems and he thinks he need to fight a more "sensitive" war on terror. <u>This is the ground Kerry chose to fight on, and the Republicans are chewing him to pieces on it. </u>

It's all an extension of the George Bush we saw on the rubble of Ground Zero and his whole re-election since then has been premised on that one moment. Is it enough?

We'll know soon enough.
Kerry has grossly miscalculated this election, just like the Democrats as a whole in 2002. Here's an even worse thought for Democrats: A lot of economic news comes out on Friday morning; what if it is good?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote