View Single Post
Old 09-03-2004, 10:21 AM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Zach Randolph...hmm...

I wouldn't do it. We might come out ahead on talent, but it creates more holes than it files. 1st of all we don't need NVE at all. If we shipped howard for Randolph, we definitely shouldn't make the follow up trade that would strip our 2/3 depth completely down to the starters and no backup. Also Dirk is a much better PF than Randolph. So I don't want Randolph just to play 10 minutes a game as Dirk's backup and insurance incase Dirk gets hurt if the cost is playing small ball as part of our regular rotation. The only other alternative is playing Dirk out of position at the 2 or 5 which I'm far from enamored with. The team with the most talent is not always the best team. Watch film of the NBA finals or the Olympic Men's basketball if you need examples. No way would I do the trade.