View Single Post
Old 09-03-2004, 03:49 PM   #19
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Randolph for Redd??

ANDERSON, Ind. -- Portland Trail Blazers forward Zach Randolph will not be charged in connection with a barroom shooting after giving police investigators a second statement.

Randolph, a Marion, Ind., native, provided the second statement Thursday night in connection with the Aug. 22 shootings for which his brother, Roger, has been charged with three counts of battery with a deadly weapon.

Roger Randolph, meanwhile, was arrested on a weapons charge early Friday in Atlanta, his third weapons-related arrest in three weeks in three cities, Anderson police Detective Terry Sollars said.

Madison County Prosecutor Rodney Cummings had said Zach Randolph, 23, might face criminal charges for not telling investigators all he knew about the shootings in his first statement hours after the incident. The brothers were together at the bar, Sinbad's Lounge and Grill, at the time.

"He cleared up any irregularities or confusion that may have been in his first statement. It didn't contain all of the facts," Sollars told The Associated Press.

The detective said he could not disclose what the player revealed Thursday because the case is pending in the courts.

Roger Randolph has been charged with shooting three men on a dance floor following an argument inside Sinbad's. None of the wounds suffered by those shot were considered life-threatening, police said.

If convicted on those charges, he could face six to 24 years in prison. His attorney, Jeff Lockwood, has said he would plead not guilty.

Zach Randolph, who was named in April as the NBA's Most Improved Player, had flown to Indiana on Thursday from Atlanta, where his agent, Raymond Brothers, is based, Sollars said. While the player was returning to Atlanta, his brother was arrested on possession of a .40-caliber Glock handgun that had been reported stolen in the Atlanta area on June 20, the detective said.

The agent and attorney James Voyles of Indianapolis accompanied the player to Anderson, about 30 miles northeast of Indianapolis, for the statement Thursday night, Sollars said.

Telephone messages seeking comment were left for both Brothers and Voyles at their offices Friday.

It wasn't clear why Roger Randolph was in Atlanta, Sollars said. He had been freed from the Madison County Jail on $40,000 bond on Aug. 23, the day after the shootings. Madison County authorities were seeking to revoke the bond following his latest arrest, Sollars said.

Roger Randolph also was free on bond on a handgun charge filed in adjacent Grant County, where Marion is located, the week before the shootings, Sollars said.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

I guess Randolph was smart enough to rat out his brother. I think there is apoint to where you gotta cover your own ass instead of the people that got you in trouble's ass. I guess Randolph is figuring out that his brother was nothing but trouble.