View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 11:21 AM   #8
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Bush's military record

oh no, don't look now but the Bush record has some problems in it. Woe is me, Bush doesn't have all his t's crossed and i's dotted in his military record.

Suspended from flying? fuhgetaboutit.

Because he missed a physical, apparently. I'm not sure what significance this has. Did Bush ever claim that he WASN'T suspended from flying or somesuch?

Absent for almost a year? fuhgetaboutit.

Didn't he request and receive permission to transfer to Alabama? So what?

Failed to take a mandatory physical? fuhgetaboutit

What's the significance of this?

White House didn't release all the records? fuhgetaboutit

Considering that the new records were found in the records of a superior officer, not in Bush's records, I don't really see how what the White House said was untrue. They DID release all of the records in Bush's file.

EDIT -- From the AP on this point:

Quote:
Meanwhile, the Texas Air National Guard released 128 pages of records on Bush's service from 1968 to 1973, all of which had been previously released by the White House. Two Texas officials said in sworn affidavits that the records were all the Texas Guard had on Bush's service.

CBS reported Wednesday night that it had obtained personal files from one of Bush's Texas commanders saying Bush discussed with him how to avoid drills during 1972. The report on "60 Minutes" said the files were from the personal records of Col. Jerry Killian, who died in 1984.
Clearly, the White House told the truth. You and McAuliffe should apologize.

A superior applied pressure to give Bush a higher grade? fuhgetaboutit.

Do we have an explanation as to why the superior officer did that? Do we know whether Bush KNEW that the superior officer did that? Those are important details that are left out.

I can't wait to see how those who have claimed that his record is spotless to explain this away. They can't, but that won't stop them from trying.

Who claimed that his record was 'spotless'?

These records do raise some new questions (like why a superior was pushing for a higher grade), but I really don't see any smoking guns here. Do you?

Now, let's get those Kerry records and see what they reveal...