View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 05:24 AM   #15
Don_Didi

Don_Didi is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Powell admits "no direct connection" between Saddam and 9/11

Hmmm. And then the WMDs... still none found, except for that artillery amunition, if I am not mistaken (and that was only one shell, if I remember correctly), while Iran and NOrth Korea are clearly far closer to a full-blown nuclear weapon that could destabilize their respective regions than IRaq has ever been in its entire history under Saddam Hussein. Can we not, like, uh, put things in perspective here?

If I may go slightly off-topic (oh, only slightly), has it occurred to anyone here that the word "terrorist" is flyign around far too frequently nowadays? I think this is especially true of the Russians, who apparently are now standing "shoulder to shoulder" with the United States. I findi ti funny that they try to try to convince armed Chechen groups to give information on the location of two of their compatriots. Their methods might be different, but in the end they are all similar in on erespect: they are seperatists. They want an independant Chechnya more than anything else. If they believe that striking within Russia can help thiir cause, that is what they will do, and that is what they have done. Not that it'll help them in any way, but hey, stupidity is rampant these days. Yet, I think labeling them as terrorists sort of clouds the underlying issues, it generalizes. Generalisation gets people killed.
Don_Didi is offline   Reply With Quote