View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 06:51 AM   #17
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Powell admits "no direct connection" between Saddam and 9/11

Oh, do remove your Bush-colored glasses!

A "non-story"? I beg to differ.

Our very own Bush-appointed Secretary of State came out and admitted that he has "seen nothing" that leads him to believe there's a direct connection between 9/11 and Saddam. If you'll recall, that is a large part, ahem, of why we went to war. According to the esteemed Mr. Bush, that is.

A "non-story"? If Bush had admitted the same and stopped conflating 9/11 and Saddam – a smoke-and-mirrors tactic he has relied heavily on, as recently as the RNC – then perhaps a "non-story." If Cheney had admitted the same and stopped conflating 9/11 and Saddam – something he was trumping rather adamantly as recently as Thursday of this week – then perhaps a "non-story."

You know, even if Bush and Cheney weren't still blustering dishonestly about the link between Iraq and 9/11, this would still be a story. The simple fact that our own Secretary of State has admitted there's no connection is something that should be discussed, don't you think?

The fact that one of the major reasons Bush used to pull this country into war simply doesn't exist is, in my opinion, a story indeed.