View Single Post
Old 03-22-2002, 01:59 AM   #441
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

<< I don't have a problem that Finley took a last second shot. I was more upset with the shot he chose to take. He had David Robinson guarding him with plenty of room for penetration. There's one guy on the Mavs team who I want shooting an 18 footer with the game on the line, Nash. Dirk and Fin, they need to take a split second, realize who's guarding them and then make their move. Smaller defender, post up. Bigger defender, drive. It's that easy, IMO. >>

And that makes sense. I think it had to do with reaction, from what I understand, he had a really good open look and he took it. It wasn't till after that he thought of taking it back out and setting something else up. Or like you point out, that he should have faked and drove to the basket.

Who knows what went through his mind. Just imagine if he did fake and took it to the basket and had it stripped. We all would be on his ass for his ball handling...or if he dribbled out the clock and took a really bad shot or passed it off too late and Dirk or Nash didn't have the kind of look he intially had.

I think Im happy he took the 'open' shot cause he was shooting the ball well and it's a shot he's drilled before, it just didn't fall tonight.