View Single Post
Old 03-22-2002, 11:41 AM   #445
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

never thought about fin driving to the basket on that shot he took. He had an open look and took what is normally a pretty easy jumper for him. I don't think that corner is one of his best places for him to shoot from but..he had an open look and you want fin to take that shot. Now, he probably could have driven to the basket and got an even better look..but i'm not disappointed with the shot he took.

I'm more upset with buck choking and missing the free throw.

I know alot of people are knocking nellie. I have one huge knock on nellie.. he kept going to NVE when dirk and nash were red hot..and fin was hot as well. What in the hell is that about? NVE isn't a good shooter to begin with and when he's off as bad as he was, don't force the ball to him. Dirk was posting up Rose..he was driving by and through robinson and duncan..nash was scoring almost at will..

nellie, what were you thinking? you're a great coach, but this is one instance that i've talked about on a regular basis. this happens alot. There's a hot mavs player and instead of going with what works, he tries to develop a mismatch and goes with that. why not keep going with what works? aren't nash, dirk and sometimes fin just natural mismatches because they can shoot well and go to the basket?

it really makes no sense.

and on the boards..at first, dirk was the only one on the boards. Lafrentz picked it up...but when the mavs go small like they did to open the game, they must get more out of their guards and small forward on the boards...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote