View Single Post
Old 03-22-2002, 12:33 PM   #447
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

<< never thought about fin driving to the basket on that shot he took. He had an open look and took what is normally a pretty easy jumper for him. I don't think that corner is one of his best places for him to shoot from but..he had an open look and you want fin to take that shot. Now, he probably could have driven to the basket and got an even better look..but i'm not disappointed with the shot he took. >>

Wow, Murph. I really thought you would have ripped him a new one for taking that shot. It's really a hard call. He took an open shot you'd want him to take and since he shot 47% for the game, he was hitting for the most part. I'd like to seen him drive to, but if he would have picked up an offensive foul or had the ball stripped, people would still have questioned why he didn't give the ball up to Dirk or Nash or call a timeout.

It makes me laugh cause people point out that Dirk or Nash should have taken that shot, but with a minute 20 (thereabouts) left Dirk had missed a shot, then Nash missed a shot and Najera missed the tip-in. So, it's hard to argue with him taking that open shot.

I still go back to Nelson and why did he have to make something harder than it needed to be? This was not the game to try and force NVE into the game/flow. And he certainly shouldn't have had the last shot even after the Finley miss.

I just don't understand how we were supposed to rebound with a lineup he put out there. And no Bradley or Wang after Raef fouled out is just dumb, imo.