View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004, 09:05 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Theresa Heinz Kerry expects an Osama "October Surprise"?

I said earlier that she's no help. Here's another great political move she pulled in arizona.

kerryspot

Quote:
TERESA: WE'RE DOWN IN ARIZONA? WHO CARES? [09/23 04:02 PM]

Finally, this dreary campaign has provided one great, fall-out-of-your-chair, laugh out loud moment.

It comes in a local Arizona television station's interview with Teresa Heinz Kerry. To see the video, go to this Arizona Republic page and click on the link that says, "Teresa Kerry talks about the campaign in Sun City."

The exchange goes like this:

12 News Reporter: Most of the polls are tracking that Sen John Kerry as doing a better job on the economy. My question is, why hasn’t that transferred overall in the poll numbers?

Teresa: It has, of course. Of course it has.

Reporter: He’s still down.

Teresa: He’s not. Did you see the polls today? You saw Zogby and ARG —

Reporter: Yes, but he’s still down in Arizona.

Teresa: Oh, who cares? You know, one state is not a whole state. In the whole United States, he is even, even, and in some of them one point ahead, and in some one point behind.

Her "Oh, who cares" is just about the most priceless moment of this campaign. No matter what else happens this campaign, I have to thank the voters of Iowa for making sure we got to experience this absolutely perfect moment.

(sigh) Why not tell the whole state to “shove it”, while you’re at it?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote