Thread: Licenses
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2004, 10:21 AM   #14
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Licenses

Wasn't a large part of the issue with issuing drivers licenses to illegal immigrants that the licenses could then be used as the basis for OTHER government-issued documents, for some government benefits, and for voter registration even? Wasn't it also an issue that authorities found that very, very few (practically none) illegal immigrants maintained liability insurance on their vehicles?

If this is correct, then there is a larger system problem that has to be addressed to prevent fraud and security compromises. I find it hard to believe that the lack of a driver's license is going to deter an illegal immigrant from driving, so I'm not sure that issuing licenses outweighs the cost of increased fraud, illegal voter registration, and illegally claiming governnent benefits. Until a driver's license no longer represents an access card to citizenship benefits, then I think it's probably wiser that they not be as freely issued.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote