Thread: Licenses
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2004, 01:39 PM   #18
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Licenses

I think Linda Chavez's nomination was derailed because of it. I actually thought she was sort of just providing a place for the person to live.

I understand what you are saying and don't completely disagree that we have a pretty crappy double-standard and hypocrisy going on throughout this society. We talk big and bad about illegals but aren't willing to do much about it. But personally, I don't buy it. I would be more than willing to arrest, jail for a long time employers who hire illegal aliens.

I think there are a couple of things that are touted that I don't agree with.
1. That there are jobs that other americans will not want to do. I think that's bull-honkey as if they don't want to do it, then they either won't get done or the pay will rise to a level where they WILL want to do it. The only issue is getting them done "cheaply".
2. So that brings up number 2. A legitimate guest worker program would alleviate that imho.

Chiwas, what did you think about bush's guest-worker strategy? He took quite a bashing from conservatives about it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote