Thread: Licenses
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2004, 06:00 PM   #20
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Licenses

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Just the word "illegal" for this matter, therefore, is inappropriate. The American society has, in my opinion, validated through a custom, the opposite character.
A lot of people cheat on their taxes or steal candy. That doesn't make it legal, and it doesn't mean it should be legal.

There are ways to get work visas, and I don't have a problem with making it easier - if that's possible. Whatever happens, though, letting people just run across the border anonymously is a stupid idea. If a border patrol agent sees an unidintified person crossing into the U.S., hidden in the cover of darkness, that agent should be able to use something as innocuous as a paint ball to try to stop them.

I hardly think it's fair, though, to start rewarding those who do cross illegally when there are thousands (millions) who are waiting through the process of legal entry.

Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote