View Single Post
Old 09-26-2004, 12:39 AM   #4
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Deconstructing Dowd

I'm sorry. You're obviously very intelligent and thoughtful (as is Ms. Dowd) but this psycho analysis/conspiracy theory as to how/why Maureen Dowd could possibly be in opposition to the administration and the war is quite frankly bonkers.

Secondly, Intelligence doesen't always lead to sound judgement and sensibility. There are alot of freakishly intelligent people out there who are quite frankly full of sh*t. In fact, for many it seems the more intelligent you are, the more potential you have to be full of it on many issues. They may say "great minds think alike" but they really don't, and some great minds are frankly out of this world in more ways than one.

Thirdly why is she neccessarily wrong? From what I gathered from her recent appearance on 'Real Time with Bill Maher' friday night, her primary opposition to it is 'trumped up charges' which happens to be the exact issue most of the anti-war crowd is upset about, and the cheerleaders for the state frankly don't care about and mabe never cared about in the first place.

After much research and thought on the matter I now take the position the 'New Republic' magazine takes on the war, if maybe in reverse order. That Saddam was a scumbag, a murderer, an insult to human rights, a criminal with numerous violations according to UN standards and the boot to his ass was quite frankly long over do. But his connection to the war on terror, uniquely al qaeda was miniscule, he had neither the infamous weapons of mass destruction nor the capability to produce them, and all inclinations about his potential danger to the safety of the United states are at best, grievous and reckless overstatements.

Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote