View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 02:31 PM   #2
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Fox Sports Net Southwest questions

If you are getting satellite rather than cable, then you'll get both FSSW feeds when there are two games on. One might be showing the regular feed and the "alternate" will be showing a Mavs game. Or, one might be showing the Rangers with the alternate showing the Astros.

Granted, I just was involuntarily switched to Dish Network from DirecTV (thanks to SBC). So, Dish may not be as cool about it as DirecTV. I haven't really payed attention, for fear of finding more reasons to hate Dish. But with DirecTV, I always got every Mavs & Rangers game advertised as being broadcast on FSSW, and plenty of Spurs/Astros/Rockets, as far as I could tell. Although I've never had the patience to actually look and see. I also get every locally broadcast game on local channels via satellite. You don't always have to live in Dallas to get the Dallas local channels, although this is FCC whimsy and you might not find out which local channels you can get until the dude comes to set you up. My parents live in Hamilton (check out a map) and they get the Dallas set of local channels on DirecTV.

In my experience, that's the beauty of satellite over cable. With cable, you get stuck with whichever FSSW some higher-than-God authority decides you should get based on the geography of this big ol' state. Which for me, meant no Mavs games on TV, and all Rockets games in the pre-Yao days while I was at A&M. It sucked. With satellite, you have the luxury of an alternate feed.

Ahh.. just remembered you are in Arizona. With Dish Network and/or DirecTV, you'll have to pay extra per month to get FSSW anyway. In my experience, both companies have about a $12/mo "super sports package" that gives you all the regional Fox sports channels, YES, MSG, etc. But under this scenario, you should still get everything covered by FSSW, via the alternate channel stuff.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote