View Single Post
Old 10-04-2004, 08:46 PM   #7
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Lost Opportunity!!!

Quote:
Well, Im not in favor of being torn apart week in and week out because ONE POSITION on our defense sucks ass... I want someone with a name and abilities that can come in and immediately help out and offer a little intimidation... I dont want to lose 6-8 games this year based on that very lack of talent... Im sorry, but in my opinion he is worthy of a second round pick...
If our team is torn apart, it won't be because of one position. Hell, Terrance Newman got beat for a touchdown becaue he gave up on a play. It happens, cornerbacks get beat.

Also, if we don't get any pass rush, it doesn't matter who is playing corner. We'd be wasting money by paying two big money corners.

And if you think Mckenzie intimidates NFL receivers I don't know what to tell you. If a guy is imtimated that easily, he won't be in the league long.

Quote:
Have you seen our guys try to cover the opposing teams wide receivers??? THEY DONT EVEN LOOK BACK...
You don't necessarily have to look back on a deep route to play proper technique. If your man has a step on you, looking back slows you down. You run full speed and when he puts his hands up, you get an arm up between his hands. I'll agree they've made some bad plays (ie. the Tony Dixon interference call on Moss) but they're still on the learning curve.

Jacques has only played one game...give the kid a chance, he played 89 plays Monday night. I've seen some things I like in him.

Quote:
By the way... A lot of good CBs worthy of second round picks havent made the pro bowl...
I'd agree if our team was further along, but I really don't think he'd make that much of a difference. This still probably isn't a superbowl team.

Build through the draft and keep your power dry as far as the salary cap. That's how the Pats and Eagles did it and that's the way it should be done in the salary cap era. That guy is not worth a 2nd runder andover 3mil per year.

...one more thing...does it not concern you that this guy appears to have just quit on his team becaue 3mil wasn't enough?