View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 06:46 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Im a noob to DVDR (DVD+r)

I got a cheap burner (the iLo) and I'm getting Dishnetwork with League Pass on Saturday. I plan on recording all the Mavs games on DVD standard, instead of the old VHS that I have that have deteriorated significantly.

My question is, if Im going to just put the DVD disc in the recorder and record (although maybe pause over commercials), I can just buy DVDR, right? And more importantly, what is the deal with speed? I'm thinking about just buying a 100 pack so that I can get all 82 regular season games, any preseason games and all playoff games, so 100 should do. Im reading reviews on my favorite website and supposedly Ridata makes decent DVDs for cheap and their 100 pack is only 40$. For Five dollars more I can get 8x DVDs, and for 70$ I can get Fuji discs (all DVD+r 4.7gig)

What would you reccomend? Will I see the difference in speed from a tv-top DVD burner? Any reccomendations on media? Don't DVDRs that record straight from TV just burn single speed?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote