View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 11:07 PM   #2
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: Im a noob to DVDR (DVD+r)

I'm not too experienced when it comes to all that DVR stuff. Although, I do have dish so if you get this to work be sure and let us know what you did.

Anyway, as far as media goes. In my experience SLOW BURNS give me the best results. If I have 8x dvds and I burn them at 8x there is always some problems. BUT - if I use 8x media and burn it at 4x, never a problem. I always burn everything at half the speed it's rated for. Even if that means waiting til I get ready to go to sleep to start it.

For your purposes, I'd probably recommend www.shop4tech.com. I just received my first order from them. I got 100 DVDs and 100 DVD cases for @$50. So far I've "tested" 4 movies with their cheapo media and it seems to just work AWESOME.

Here's a good place to read up on that cheap shop4tech media...this is where I found out about it anyway: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...keyword1=sonic
Good LUCK!