View Single Post
Old 10-12-2004, 05:40 PM   #16
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Vernon Wells to Texas?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fah Q
Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
Stay the course.

If you can give up old then fine, but not young. Especially if you see the future is bright for them.

If Chan Ho can be included, then I am for it. If you are talking Nix, Gonzales, and Chris Young......don't shoot yourself in the foot.
You've got to be kidding me.

Nix - Inconsistent and potential
Gonzalez- Defense and Average with no power
Young - Inconsistent hit or miss P prospect

for a BONAFIDE YOUNG and CHEAP Average & Power Centerfielder in Wells. I'll take Wells.
I guess I am too old:

Sosa, Fletcher, and Alvarez for Harold Baines..................I just don't trade 3 quality players with potential for one.

Gonzalez may have power, he hit a dozen HR in the minors this year, but I must admit he hasn't shown it in the majors. I need to see another year to judge that though.

Nix needs another year to develop, but has lots of potential and could be as good or better than Wells.

Young, another pitcher who could turn into a #2 starter.

Blaylock was awful two years ago, his partial year, in the majors, but was awesome the first half of this year.

Stay the course, let the talent develop. Don't trade 3 for 1- unless it is a nasty #1 starting pitcher.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote