View Single Post
Old 10-12-2004, 07:14 PM   #126
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Kerry believe's life begins at conception before he believed it should be aborted

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202

I have two things to question you about this statement.
#1) I read a survey done in 1998 on this and only 55% of scientists believe it to begin with. Why only 55%, if they are the smart ones.
I don't know. Perhaps if you could dig up this phantom survey, along with a summary of who all was asked and what kind of guidelines were used, we can talk.

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202

The evolution theory has been shot down logically for years, but will not go away because people are "willingly ignorant" of the truth. 2Pe 3:5 for reference. I have done hours of study on it from a scientific level, and the model has circular logic, and does not work. Any person with any logic at all can shoot down the theory of evolution.
The evolutoniary theory has persisted because people with actual backgrounds in anthropology and science realize how truthfully grounded it is. Science will always question and build on itself, religion will always remain the same. If you've discovered the secret of evolutonary theory being false, severely flawed or compromised, then by all means call up Stephen Jay Gould or whoever and tell them what they are doing is wrong. I await the results.

Quote:
We were designed by a creator.
If there's one great advancement in Western scientific thought. It's the realization that flaw in the theory of our human origins is not sufficient reason to fall back on our old standby that we were all created by a big boogieman in the sky. It's what separates Western Civilization from the backward theocrats and their fairy tales. Such as yourself.

Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote