View Single Post
Old 10-12-2004, 11:44 PM   #13
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Losing faith in Parcells

Quote:
Has Parcells EVER had a team who commits SOOO many KILLER penalities EVERY game? This is a different Parcells.
No, and neither have the Cowboys. It's only four games so it could be an aberration. Guys like Dat Ngyen and Greg Ellis know better. Can we wait until we're more than a quarter into the season to evaluate this?

Quote:
He's a good coach but he's also the General Manager. Where's the draft? Who are the players who are becoming upper tier players?
Whitten and Newman. The jury is still out on most of his draft picks.

Quote:
And what makes you think Parcells will be able to find a good player in the draft? Where's the recent payoff?
What about Curtis Martin, John Abraham or Chad Pennington. I know, that’s not recent enough. Well let me ask you a question…how long do you think it takes to evaluate a draft?

Think about this. Two years ago we were a rudderless organization. Parcells comes in with a track record that will stand up to any coach we could have signed. In fact, I can’t think of another coach we could have brought in with enough clout to make Jerry step aside. Add to that the fact that he went to the playoffs I his 1st season. Now we’re 2-2…not 0-4 but 2-2 and you’re already losing confidence. What does he have to do to build up a little equity with you?