View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004, 02:37 PM   #137
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Kerry believe's life begins at conception before he believed it should be aborted

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsman55

First of all, if you'd stop referring to God as the "boogie man" I'd appreciate it. Secondly, your belief that there is no god is a religious conviction. Everybody has their own opinion when it comes to how the earth was made, and that is just another one of them. Doesn't make it any better than ours, and doesn't mean that the government should force it upon us just because you think it is right.
the 'boogie man' comment intended no harm (consciously), just using it as a symbol for all things imaginary, like the easter bunny. Although if you go by the tomes theocrats hold dear, the old guy up stairs is guilty of being called far worse. Secondly, my lack of belief in a god is not a religion, it is quite exactly the absense of religion. As for forcing my belief on you. I intend no such thing, it would make me a hypocrite to impose my alleged religion on would be tyrannical theocrats such as yourself. We civilized westerners merely ensure that the theocrats, whatever cult they belong to, do not have the sufficient power to impose their fascism on us ever again. We've been through enough of that.

Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote