View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004, 03:44 PM   #66
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Dirk and Damp getting in sync

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Why does the mere mention of Shawn Bradley always inspire a Bradley vs. someone else four page exchange?

Damp is the starter. He does many things well. He is our starting center. Let's support him.
Bradley is an amazing shot blocker who can at times completely dominate and at other times is frustrating. He is our backup center (with Booth). Let's support him.

Why the constant denigration of one of our players just because someone else made a complementary statement about another?
Oh please. You meant it's not OK to criticize certain Mavericks on this board? Do I need to pull up any of the virulent hatred that was spewed from 95% of our members towards Antoine Walker? A three time all-star? A guy who notched back to back triple doubles for us? I don't think so.

Criticism of Dampier, and of the Mavericks for trading for him, is certainly within the relevant bounds of this discussion. As is a discussion of Dirk's ability to lead this team. Frequenting a Maverick fan site does not entitle you protection from dissenting opinions. Admitedly, I've criticized hundreds of posters over the years for claiming that the sky is falling. Hell, I've ridiculed them. But I never proposed that the possibility of the sky falling shouldn't be a topic that needed to be discussed. Open criticism of the team, it's decisions, it's actions and it's future is what keeps boards like this active and alive. We can't be commanded to toe the party line and put on happy face, especially when all signs point to the possibility that the sky might actually BE falling.

So no, I'm not going to accept any of the unsolicited suggestions I've received on this site in the past couple of weeks and just "let it go" and "support the team". I'm going to speak my mind about what I see is a disaster waiting to happen. If you don't agree with me, let me know why you don't agree. But don't tell me (in so many words) to shut up.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote