Old 10-13-2004, 07:00 PM   #14
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Losing faith in Parcells

Quote:
Originally posted by: FineCubanCigar
ummm jerry jones is still the gm buddy.
In name only. Parcells does the draft and free agency. Jerry just does the contracts

Quote:
Roy Williams has blossomed under Parcells, Bryant is finally contributing. Terry Glenn reserected his career under Parcels. The O-line doesnt blow anymore.
Roy would blossom under anyone. Bryant is contributing? Averaging four catches a game and more fumbles than touchdowns. Glenn is also averaging four catches a game. I do give credit to Parcells for the offensive line but what backs are in the backfield?

Quote:
We went from one of the worst secondaries and defenses in all of football to one of the BEST in the 1 year u have given Parcells. He has had 2 drafts, and only one to develope players.
I look at other organizations and they seem to be plugging draftees to fill the gaps but where are our "out of nowhere" players?

Quote:
Newman is a stud, and our second pick was injured all year last year.
Is Newman a stud or do teams just decide to throw at the other corner (the guy who wouldn't be the nickel back for most clubs)?

Quote:
The offense went from the cellars to the middle of the pack.
OMG we have sunk so low as to be proud of being "middle of the pack"?

Quote:
OMG, you guys are spoiled rotten brats, he did the impossible last year, how quickly you forget. Take away the one game versus the Giants where the refs hosed us with the stupid personal fouls on 2 sacks by the defense. Take away that one game and your left with a 13-6 Cowboys team that had previosly gone 6-11 three straight years.
And most coaches (including Parcells) historically have their biggest improvement from season 1 to season 2. Players are replaced with better ones, the players who stay buy into the system, and the coaches get used to the organization. Where is the improvement? Where are we better than last year? I'm not as concerned about wins (although I expect the playoffs) but I want the team to be improved across the board. The only spots where we improved were WR and OL. QB is a wash. RB is arguably worse. And the defense is worse everywhere.

Quote:
So ya, stfu
Nice to know that you haven't lost your debating style.

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote