View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004, 07:12 PM   #17
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Losing faith in Parcells

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Think about this. Two years ago we were a rudderless organization. Parcells comes in with a track record that will stand up to any coach we could have signed. In fact, I can’t think of another coach we could have brought in with enough clout to make Jerry step aside. Add to that the fact that he went to the playoffs I his 1st season. Now we’re 2-2…not 0-4 but 2-2 and you’re already losing confidence. What does he have to do to build up a little equity with you?
I just want improvement. I know we won 4 games last year by a combined 13 points so we were REALLY close to being a 500 team last year. So I want to feel like we are better than a 500 squad.

And we need rookies to contibute every year with the salary cap. Parcells hasn't really been forced to deal with building a squad with the cap and thus he isn't emphasing rookies enough. Parcells wants veteran players who he can trust. Unfortunately those players either get a good contract (which we can't afford) or they suck (see Eddie George).
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote