View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004, 07:16 PM   #65
Mavs Maniac

Mavs Maniac has a spectacular aura aboutMavs Maniac has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Retooled roster pushes Howard to Mavs' bench

Quote:
whoa... just wondering when these days were... been following mavs for a while but don't really remember this one. I'm sure some would have put him amongst the top 5 or so but widely considered 2nd best? that sounds like clyde drexler from 80's-early 90's. more recently kobe but i don't know if/when there was a time fin was clearly 2nd best.

You're not trying to say that it went directly from Clyde the Glide (one of my all time favorites!! I even have a basketball signed by Glide and the Dream when they were still with Phi Slamma Jamma Volume 1, U oh H) to Kobe, are you. You do realize that Kobe didn't even average 20+ points until the '99-'00 season. Yes, believe it or not there were a couple of years towards the end of the 90's that Fin-Dog was considered right up there with the best of em. Take '97-'98 when Finley average 21.5ppg, 5.3rpg, and 4.9apg. I'd put those numbers up with anyone NOT named Michael Jordon!
Mavs Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote