View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 09:26 PM   #5
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all
Default RE:ESPN On Mavericks

Thanks for posting the article. I always enjoy reading Stein, but in his latest power rankings, I have wondered what his rationale was for placing the Mavs at #10. He had a decent explanation in the article, although I don't know that I agree with it. But I was very interested to hear this:
Quote:
Dampier and Terry, the primary newcomers along with sixth man Jerry Stackhouse, are both very turnover-prone. Early reports out of camp indicate that Dampier is struggling to pick up the offensive nuances, and that Terry is receiving earfuls from Nelson about his struggles so far.
I expected Terry to pick up distributing to our players a little faster than he apparently is. Pick and roll with Dirk is a mainstay of our offense, so he better get going on that front without the turnovers. I am confident that Damp will pickup the offense by early in the season. It always takes centers a little longer for some reason, thats why I am worried about Terry. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote