View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 05:38 PM   #15
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Mavs Practice 16-Oct 2004

A few more notes:

Suprisingly Dampier seemed comfortable & strong on the wing & side pick and roll.

Booth made a nice block defending the break ... but he looked uncomfortable with the ball in his hands.

Henderson is exactly as advertised. Fundamentally sound but I dont remember him doing much ... I guess that can be both good and bad.

Benga is an athletic freak but he very mechanical & quite lost. He has the softest shot of all the big men. Damp's shot spins really fast.

Fin vs. Stack was something to see ... they have a nice competition going & I think they make each other better. Stack definately goes to the hole with authority. I've always considered Fin a tough player but Stack makes Fin's play look graceful. Stack is an effin bull dog.

At center it was usually Bradley v. Dampier. Big Shawn had one nice block but Damp overpowered him on several occasions.

Harris v. Terry was fun to watch but I'm not sure who played better since Terry ran mostly with the starters. Harris shot lights out today. Dickau got lots of burn ... but he did nothing spectacular. The coaches don't pay much attention to him. Same can be said for Hood.

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote