View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 07:29 PM   #18
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Rumor: Daniels out ... could miss opener

Quote:
Originally posted by: FreshJive
Mabye I should have said -2.6. They commited 2.6 less turnovers than they caused. They were 15th in the league in causing turnovers, so they were average at causing thier opponent to turnover the ball, and excellent at taking care of the ball.
My point is that not having a player like Nash (or Daniels, for gosh sake) this year doesn't have to spell disaster. They may throw the ball away a bit more, but as long as they can create more pressure and generate a few additional turnovers, they won't necessarily be a worse team. And if the turnovers result in (easier) fast break buckets, then they may even come out a little ahead.

Without consulting any stats, I have the impression that the Nets under Jason Kidd could have games (over the last 3 years) where Kidd himself might give the ball up 4, 5, 6x per game, but the Nets would, as a team, offset that with defensive steals and blocked shots, and end up getting dunks and layups in transition. Those are higher percentage shots than Dirk nailing a 20-footer off a pick-and-roll, or Fin hitting a 22-footer off a Nash drive-and-kick.

If Terry and Harris can be ball hawks, then their lesser abilities as playmakers may not hurt the Mavs that much.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote