View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 11:11 AM   #6
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Mavs, Magic and Yankee Fans are Stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by: Male23Dan
I THINK he was referring to the grammer within the article and then the writer calling Yankee Fans stupid... Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black or some such...

Technically you need an apostrophe after the "s" in Mavs because the structure says Mavs fans, (i.e. Mavs' fans)...

I THINK!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Heck if I know....I was merely posting an editorial I thought was interesting. You wouldn't write "Maverick's Fans", you would just say "Maverick Fans". "Mavs" is being used as an adjective to describe "Fans" and since adjectives are used to describe nouns and not to show "ownership", the apostrophe would be incorrectly used.

But sheesh...what do I know...I'm just a stupid MAVS Fan!!!!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote