View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004, 01:39 PM   #8
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future
Default RE:Trade Deadline -- looking better

Here's my take:

Peja's trade demand stems from the disollution of the King's once-heralded team chemistry (of which Webber's return played a huge part). He was essentially the man for 3/4 of the season last year, and despite what Americans might think about the lack of ego European players have, it's hard to be the man and then take a back seat...THEN get badmouthed by the guy who took your job. Honestly? I would prefer Peja over Webber, and I think that if it comes down to that the Kings will make that decision as well. However, if you got the chance to watch the Rockets/Kings set, you would have seen that Webber and Peja seemed to have at least decent rapport and got along. I'm thinking Peja eventually realizes that he's got a good thing going for him in Sacramento, and that's it's going to be hell for Sac to trade him so long as his salary is so low (relatively speaking). IMO he'll be in Sacramento for a long long time, guy's got the ability to be a franchise player.

So yeah, that's why it's not going to happen.

"You will probably never know either way, because the trade would have to happen after Stack/Howard played here for half a year or so, for you to really make that determination. "

Thank you for pointing out my hypothetical, I figured that since this thread was based on a hypothetical, and you asked for my hypothetical input, I would give it.

Oh, and the thing with the cliches. Yes, I also dislike reading all these Mavs cliches about how there's no D, etc. etc. But people say it for a reason. You have your share of non-Mav fans who've probably only seen a couple of games, and it irritates me when those people start trashin' my Mavs, but regardless of how much those people suck, it remains a fact that we play bad defense. Also, my statement was just a matter of adding two truths:

Dallas has perenially played poor defense + Peja has perenially played poor defense

Dallas + Peja = poor defense.

Sorry if that cliche bothers you.

But hey, if I could make a fantasy team I would have Peja on the Mavs with Dirk. Crazy shooting percentages...
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote