View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 01:49 PM   #30
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:Some hilarious Bush quotes

Quote:
Originally posted by: Arne
Thsi great man had his best financial business - before he became president - when he bought himself into a baseball club in Texas, for something around $500.000, then built a new stadium mostly financed by a gouvernment, who's president was his father. But on his way to built the new stadium he forced people per law (which never happened for business reasons before in the state Texas...) to leave their ground. Afterwards he sold his part of the team for something around 15 mil. Dollars.

That's a great man... And just to your information, I got this from a television program, which is being showed in France, Germany and some other countries. - Not from Mr. Michael Moore... I've got to tell you that one because otherwise someone would have "accused" me of only listening to Moore...
As others will confirm, I am not a Bush supporter. Your statements have some inaccuracies...

Yes, the Texas Rangers stadium was a City of Arlington financed project and (IMO) a very sweet arrangement for the baseball club that increased their value. However, the agreement between the City and the Rangers was approved in an election by the citizens of the City of Arlington.

The City has the right to use their power of condemnation to take a private citizen's property, provided however that the private owners are paid fair market value for their property. That has been done prior to the stadium and has been done since. It was not the first time a city has used its power of emminent domain to assist a private enterprise, in fact another city in Texas used that power to give a piece of land to a shopping center developer. The land that was given to the stadium was paid for at FMV, and was affirmed by a court.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote