View Single Post
Old 10-23-2004, 02:43 PM   #8
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE:Pretty interesting satire on the "liberal open minded" left.

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
How about the Homophobic RIGHT??? What is a bigger example of bigotry than that? Homophobia is driven by hate and fear. Bigots fear what they don’t understand and they don’t understand a lot of things. Fear and hate appeal to the lowest parts of humanity, to simple minds that – in their own ignorance – cling to outdated concepts that a belief, point of view, lifestyle or philosophy must be superior to another. This is your party to a T.

You all talk of compassion while practicing homophobia and bigotry daily. You claim GAYS areout to destroy the American way of life,” a charge that conservatives like to toss at anyone who does not agree with their narrow view of the world. In your eyes, if you question the actions of our President, you are anti-American. If you question the war in Iraq, you are unpatriotic. Anti ARAB and Muslim talk is commonplace. If a woman has an abortion- DAMN- she is the DEVIL... Please dont preach of bigotry- you guys wrote the book...
Although I don't agree on a couple of things, this post of reeds is very good.

Parts that I liked the most:

Bigots fear what they don’t understand and they don’t understand a lot of things. Fear and hate appeal to the lowest parts of humanity, to simple minds that – in their own ignorance – cling to outdated concepts that a belief, point of view, lifestyle or philosophy must be superior to another.

This has to do with many things, not only with politics or "Republicans", but with society in general.

if you question the actions of our President, you are anti-American.

I have heard it, an absurdity.

If you question the war in Iraq, you are unpatriotic.

Ditto. Absurdity came after the lies.